I have really been enjoying eating quinoa lately because there are so many different ways to prepare it. It is high in protein and fiber so it keeps me full for a while. Since I switched to the early shift (5am to 1pm) I do not have time to mess with food in the morning so I had to make sure everything was made on Sunday and put into containers for the week. I was thinking I would just bring oatmeal but then I decided to try this instead. It is like oatmeal, but made with quinoa. I like to heat the quinoa and mix it with my Greek yogurt.
Peanut Butter Quinoa “Oatmeal”
Prep/Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Info: Calories-370; Fat-9g; Cholesterol-0mg; Sodium-415mg; Carbohydrates-48g; Fiber-8g; Protein-28g; Sugar-10g
- 16 Tbsp PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 4 cups plain Greek yogurt
- Cook the quinoa according to the package using the almond milk
- Mix in the pb2 and cinnamon
- Place in containers for the week
- Heat up and add to 1/2 cup Greek yogurt for a fulfilling breakfast or snack!