Along with the Raw Cookie Dough Balls I served to the Biggest Loser participants, I also provided Corn and Quinoa Pasta Salad. I wanted to make sure they had a filling and healthy lunch that they enjoyed so they would try and make it again. This would also make a great side dish for a BBQ!
Corn and Quinoa Pasta Salad
Prep/Total Time: 20 minutes
Nutrition Info: Calories-240; Fat-11g; Cholesterol-5mg; Sodium-207mg; Carbohydrates-28g; Fiber-4g; Protein-6g; Sugar-1g
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup mixed cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup pitted Nicoise olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup light feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine 1-1/2 cups water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, whisk olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn, tomatoes, zucchini, parsley, olives and feta. Pour dressing over top and toss well to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.