Pizza is definitely one of my favorite foods but sometimes I want an option that is not loaded with empty carbs…that is why these portobello pizzas are perfect! Two of them are a serving and I was actually completely full and satisfied after eating them! I made them vegan but feel free to use real cheese and add some meat if you please!
Prep/Total Time: 5
Nutrition Info: Calories-310; Fat-14g; Cholesterol-0mg; Sodium-583mg; Carbohydrates-40g; Fiber-8g; Protein-12g; Sugar-3g
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 8 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 8 Tbsp daiya cheese (or any other vegan or dairy cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Use a small spoon to scrape the black “gills” out from the mushroom caps. Spray a rimmed baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and place the mushroom caps on the sheet, stemmed side down. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until the mushroom caps are tender, about 7 minutes
- Transfer the baked mushroom caps to paper towels so they can drain (lay them stemmed side down)
- Fill the mushroom caps with the tomato sauce, vegetables and top with the cheese
- Bake until the filling is piping hot and the cheese starts to melt about 5-10 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.