Tomato soup and grilled cheese is my favorite fall back meal. If I don’t feel like cooking, it is quick to whip up and will never fail! I especially love that it can be made in so many different ways! This soup is just perfect with any sandwich!
Vegan Tomato Basil Soup
Prep/Total Time: 20 min
Nutrition Info: Calories-150; Fat-4g; Cholesterol-0mg; Sodium-200mg;Carbohydrates-19g; Fiber-5g; Protein-8g; Sugar-10g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes, no sodium added
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp basil, dried
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut almond milk
- Sautee the onion until soft
- On the stove in a pot pour the crushed tomatoes, salt, flour, basil, coconut almond milk and onion and using a hand mixer blend until it reaches the consistency you are looking for
- Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes
- Perfect served with grilled cheese (or vegan grilled cheese)!