See, I told you, I am obsessed with pumpkin. I was feeling a bit too lazy to make pancakes the other weekend so I made this instead! It is light and fluffy yet still moist and pumpkiny! The bacon was a great added touch! I was so excited to see it in the stores, no antibiotics, no nitrates, no nitrites and all natural! My parents are coming into town this weekend and I think this is a brunch waiting to happen again for them!
Prep/Total Time: 15 min
Nutrition Info: Calories-358; Fat-8g; Cholesterol-212mg; Sodium-105mg;Carbohydrates-57g; Fiber-4g; Protein-8g; Sugar-13g
- 8 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat the griddle on medium heat and spray with cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin, eggs, almond/coconut milk, cinnamon and vanilla
- Dip a slice of bread at a time and let saturate and then place on the griddle, flip after a few minutes until no longer soggy, finish all 8 slices
- Top with 1 Tbsp maple syrup each!