I have been looking for an easy 100% whole wheat bread recipe that I could use for sandwiches and I tried and failed several recipes until I found this one! It has a great wheat flavor (but not too strong) and so far has made a wonderful grilled cheese sandwich! I just slice the bread once it has cooled and freeze it. Then I have fresh bread t hand whenever I need it once it is thawed or toasted!
Whole Wheat Bread
Servings: 18 slices
Prep/Total Time: 4 hours
Nutrition Info: Calories-130; Fat-6g; Cholesterol-0mg; Sodium-135mg; Carbohydrates-22g; Fiber-3g; Protein-4g; Sugar-2g
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 pkg Active dry yeast
1. Place all ingredients in the order they are listed into the baking pan of your bread machine.
2. Follow the directions on your machine for whole wheat bread.
3. Remove from machine when done and allow to cool on a baking rack for at least one hour.
4. Slice and enjoy!