This is a guest post by Josh! He decided to make crepes for breakfast for us the other morning and they were awesome! They kept me full for hours! Such a fun take on a breakfast peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Strawberry Peanut Butter Crepes
Servings: 2 (2 crepes each)
Prep/Total Time: 20 min
Nutrition Info: Calories-348; Fat-10g; Cholesterol-106mg; Sodium-200mg; Carbohydrates-57g; Fiber-6g; Protein-12g; Sugar-28g
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp Earth Balance, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 7 whole strawberries, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp PB2, made into creamy peanut butter
- Whisk together egg, almond milk, water, melted Earth Balance and salt until well blended, then add flour and whisk until smooth
- Mix together the strawberries and syrup
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat, spray with olive oil, then pour 1/4 cup of crepe mixture into the center of the pan
- Spread the mixture by rotating and twisting the pan in a circular motion, then let the crepe cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottom is brown, flip, and cook until brown on the other side.
- On each crepe top with 1/4 of the PB2 mixture, roll and then top with the strawberry syrup!