While at home one day, I was watching Guy’s Grocery Games and their challenge was to make a burger. Somebody chose to do a Banh Mi Turkey Burger and it looked delicious and I craved one ever since. I looked around and found a recipe from Weight Watchers that I thought would turn out how I wanted it. It was AWESOME! I made a few changes to the original recipe and this is now one of my favorite burger recipes!
Prep/Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1/2 of a small cucumber, julienned
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 pound uncooked 93% lean ground turkey
- 4 Tbsp cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp chili sauce, sweet variety
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, sliced
- 4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 whole-wheat buns
- Coat a grill rack with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- In a bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, cucumber, lime juice and salt; toss to coat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and garlic; divide into 4 bowls and press into a patty.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo and chili sauce.
- Grill the patties until cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes or so per side.
- Spread half of the bun with 1/4 of the mayo/chili mixture, top with burger, 1/4 of the coleslaw mixture, 1/4 of the jalapeno slices, 1 tsp rice wine vinegar and then the bun top.
- I served these with veggie chips.