I knew we had a winter storm coming so I decided to prepare…by making healthy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. I wasn’t sure how these were going to turn out but they are delicious! They are soft, chocolatey, and have a hint of banana sweetness. You can feel good eating these 🙂
Prep/Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large extra ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer, mix grapeseed oil, honey, extracts, egg, and banana until blended thoroughly.
- Next, mix in the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Using a spoon, fold in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets and smoosh down to the size of your liking.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Makes 24 cookies. Store in airtight container, they will get more cakey the day after you bake them.